Monday, June 20, 2005

Poem Time!!!!

Here is a poem that my I found on the top of a magazine.

THE TOUCH OF THE MASTER'S HAND
'Twas battered and scarred, and the auctioneer
Though it scarcely worth his while
To waste much time on the old violin,
But held it up with a smile.
"What am I bidden, good folks," he cried,
"Who'll start bidden for me?"
"A dollar, a dollar," then two! Only two?
"Two dollars, and who'll make it three?"
"Three dollars once, three dollars twice;
Going for three. . ." But no,
From the room, far back, a gray-haired man
Came forward and picked up the bow;
Then, wiping the dust from the old violin,
And tightening the loose strings,
He played a melody pure and sweet
As a caroling angel sings.
The music eased, and the auctioneer,
With a vioce that was quiet aand low,
Said: "What am I bid for the old violin?"
And held it up with the bow.
"A thousand dollars, and who'll make it two?
Two thousand dollars, and who'll make it three?
Three thousand dollars, once; three thousand twice;
And going and gone," said he.
The people cheered, but some of them cried,
"We do not quite understand
What changed its worth?"Swift came the reply:
"The touch of the master's hand."
-Myra B Welch
Wow. That is so beautiful, don't you think? I might learn it... so my Mom says...